1954

At the beginning of the establishment of the school in1954, the total attendance on the roll was 109 boys and 93 girls and the underage children of the baby classes were 52. Sewing classes had 40 pupils. The building  could accommodate 480 pupils, with boys on the ground floor and girls on the upper floor. It was estimated that by 1960 it would be filled to capacity. The foundation of the building was made to carry 3 storeys, and with two floors already built, an additional floor could be constructed in the event more classrooms were required.