1904. The year when the KSI Jamaat first established a school in the rooms adjoining their mosque premises in the Old Town. The school’s primary goal was to teach the Holy Qurán as well as impart religious teachings to children of both genders. In later years, vernacular education was started, but it was not until 1930 that the community decided to introduce proper elementary classes.
In 1932, an application for government aid was made, and a year later, the school was officially recognised by the Government Education Department as a Grant-in-Aid School, with a grant in the sum of £140 given to the school.
Due to the limited accommodation and space at Old Town, children were taught up to Standard V, thereafter students were sent to various government and private schools. They included, but were not limited to, the White Sister’s Covenant and the Goan High School. Despite the minor setback, the community strived to ensure that they would eventually accommodate a full primary education to the children in the near future.